17 July 2015

Podcasts

Shout out to my teammate Nicholas Chase (racechase.org) for planting the idea of podcasts into my head.  I read through his entire blog one weekend and saw that he listened to podcasts while traveling to races.  This got me hooked.  Listening to music on long trips is good and all but can get very repetitive.  Now, I listen to a couple podcasts to educate myself and keep myself occupied.  I recommend you all to do the same thing.  Find some podcasts that spark your interest.  In this post I will recommend a couple for you guys (and gals to listen to).

1. Endurance Junkie Podcast (http://www.junkiepodcast.com/)
This one was pretty frequent but has recently died off.  The host might be busy training or just taking a break from creating new podcasts.  Either way, he gets some amazing people to come onto his show.  I highly recommend going all the way back to episode one and listening to every single podcast.  This is by far my favorite podcast.

2. Semi-Pro Cyclist (http://semiprocycling.com/podcast)
This is a cycling specific podcast brought to you by Damian Ruse.  Damian is a well educated host as well as coach.  I have a couple teammates that have used him with amazing success.  These are a little shorter in duration but very regular.  He goes in depth into a wide variety of topics to include nutrition, race tactics, technology, and regular training topics.

3. Endurance Planet (http://www.enduranceplanet.com/category/podcasts/)
This podcast has some good information on it but can get kind of out there.  It is hosted by Tawnee Prazak, a multisport coach, athlete, and model.  She posts a couple podcasts a week that vary from nutrition specific stuff to interviews.  One problem is she can get extremely hooked on an idea and plug it in every sentence.  This can get annoying especially when she talks about fat adaptation.  There is a regular segment called ATC (Ask the Coach) where she talks with a Lucho (an amazing athlete who lives in Colorado).  This is a favorite podcast of mine because Lucho grounds Tawnee when she gets a little too far out of there.  Overall, this is a great podcast with a wide variety of information.  I would just be careful of all of her product plugs and nutrition/training methods.  Do some research before just jumping in to the things she recommends.

These are my top three.  I have listened to a couple others but none have become as regular as the three I listed.  If any of you guys have some favorite podcasts you listen to leave them in the comment section so I can check them out!

Until next time!